Air France Refund Request and Cancellation Policy and Fee
It is dependent on the fare conditions of your ticket, and whether you can get a refund or not. In most cases, Air France permits ticket cancellation and offers a full or partial refund. For non-flexible tickets, there is no policy for getting a refund to cancel the same.
To learn about the Air France cancellation policy in depth, you can refer to the following points:
- The cancellation can be asked at Air France before the scheduled flight's boarding, and after that, the ticket will not be valid to cancel and request a refund.
- Air France presents a 24-hour grace period for canceling a ticket, which provides a full fare refund to customers.
- Any cancellations after the grace period are subject to paying the applicable fee.
- The non-refundable tickets can also be canceled at Air France, but the refund will be offered as credit points on their account to be used in the future.
- Cancellations due to health emergencies and a long delay in the flight schedule will not require additional fees, and a refund will also be provided without the deduction.
How does the Air France refund work?
A person has to apply for a refund at Air France after successfully canceling their flight. The refund can be applied till seven days after canceling the ticket through various options. Depending on the fare conditions, Air France will process the refund application of the person in 7 to 14 business days.
In case you are wondering how you can apply for a refund at Air France, you can send a refund form directly from the website in this case. Following are the steps that are needed to be pursued:
- Open the Air France homepage https://wwws.airfrance.us/ and scroll to the bottom,
- Tap on the "Refund" column and select "Request a refund".
- Select the suitable option on the page,
- After that, you have to put the details of your ticket into the given columns.
- Next, add the payment details and how you would like to attain the refund.
- Click on the Submit key, and your refund will be applied to Air France.
How much is the cancellation fee for Air France?
The fee to cancel a ticket majorly depends on the fare, route, and the timeframe of cancellation from the scheduled departure. However, you can expect the Air France cancellation fee to fall between $20 and $50. At the time of the ticket cancelation request, you can check the applicable fee.
How long do you have to cancel a flight on Air France?
A ticket can be canceled anytime from the point of booking to the departure of the flight. If you would like to attain a full fare refund, then it is a must to cancel your Air France ticket within the 24-hour grace period. However, the cancellation window will be available till the flight boards.
What is Air France's 24-hour cancellation policy?
Air France airline's 24-hour cancellation policy permits a person to cancel their booked ticket within 24 hours of the booking time at no additional cost. However, there are some key points to be eligible to avail of this policy:
- It is a must that you cancel your Air France flight 24 hours after completing your reservation and not after that to enjoy the grace period.
- The scheduled date of the said flight must be 7 days or more from the date of booking, or else you will not be permitted for the 24-hour grace period.
- The cancellation policy will not apply to tickets purchased with a travel voucher or with an airline discount.