How do I get a refund from IndiGo?
You can opt for a refund after canceling your flight booking with IndiGo. You can get a refund from IndiGo by managing the booking and submitting the indigo refund request form. You can apply for a by using online and offline modes, and to avoid paying extra service charges, it is suggested to opt for the online option. Follow the below-mentioned steps to get money back from IndiGo Airlines.
The process to request a refund from IndiGo
- Go to the official website of the Airline at www.goindigo.in
- Now locate the “Manage Booking” option available on the homepage.
- You had to enter your booking reference number and email address and press the get itinerary option to get the canceled flight details.
- After getting data on the canceled flight, choose the request a refund option.
- Now enter your flight cancellation refund indigo details and submit the form.
- It will take 5-7 days to get the refund to the original form of payment.
What is the IndiGo Airlines refund policy?
- Passengers who cancel their reservation within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket are eligible for a full refund from IndiGo. But before opting for this process, you must remember that your flight departure must be after a week or more to claim a full refund.
- Indigo Airlines would only reimburse for refundable tickets. If you bought a non-refundable flight ticket, you could not receive any refund money from the Airline.
- The refund will be provided in the same mode of payment used during the purchase. E.g., credit cards. If you purchased a flight ticket via cash or cheque, you could opt for a refund in their desired mode.
- It will usually take 7 to 20 business days to get a refund from IndiGo that will reflect in the bank accounts. A refund for a domestic flight can be provided faster than a cancellation for an international flight booking.
- If the passengers involve any third party, such as agents, in the booking procedure, they can make the cancellations only by contacting the agents. The Airline does not allow direct cancellations in this case.
Note: As the flight ticket cancellation refund IndiGo policy states, if the ticket is purchased through a third-party portal like a travel agent, you will need to connect with them only for cancellation and refund purposes.
How long does IndiGo take to refund?
The indigo refund time will depend on the mode of payment you would have chosen while purchasing the flight ticket. If the payment was made through cards, it will hardly take 7-10 days to receive a refund rather than the purchase made from cash or cheque.
How do I contact IndiGo for a refund?
You can connect with the airline support team through the dedicated Indigo refund phone number 0124 617 3838 and ask for help to get your money back.
- Dial the Indigo phone number on your phone 0124 617 3838.
- Follow the IVR prompts.
- Press 2 for the refund issue.
- After pressing the relevant key, your call will be put on hold.
- After connecting, provide your booking details and ask the agent to complete the refund process on your behalf.
How much money is refunded for the IndiGo flight ticket cancellation?
Domestic Fare Refund-
- The Lite Fare ticket passengers will have to pay 3500 INR if the tickets are canceled within three days of departure, and the rest of the amount will be refunded from their ticket fare.
- Passengers traveling with Regular fare tickets would be charged 3000 INR, and the rest of the ticket fare will be refunded.
- Travelers who have bought Flexi Plus Fare or return Fare ticket will only have to pay 500 INR as a cancellation fee, and the rest of the amount will be refunded.
- If the cancellation is made four days prior to their departure time, then you will have to pay 3000 INR. This condition applies if you have Lite Fare or Regular Fare Ticket.
International Fare Refund-
- If you cancel a Lite Fare or Regular Fare ticket from 0 or 3 days from the departure time, then you will have to pay 6500 INR as a cancellation fee, and the rest of the amount will be refunded.
How do I know if my Indigo ticket is refundable?
To check whether your ticket is refundable or not, you can go to the manage booking option available on the official website and enter your booking details in the given tabs. You will get the details of your flight itinerary, whether the ticket is refundable or not.
Can we get a full refund for the IndiGo flight?
As per the indigo refund policy, You can receive a full refund from the IndiGo Airline when the cancellation is made within 24 hours of the risk-free window.
Get information on IndiGo baggage policy & allowance
How do I check-in online with IndiGo?
How can I change my name on the Indigo flight ticket?
How can I select a seat on IndiGo?
How can I reschedule my IndiGo flight ticket?
How can I cancel my Indigo flight?